Monday, October 3, 2016

Naturalist Perspectives Challenge 2: Find An Uncommon Bird and Observe

  One morning I was going to Star Market after class to get groceries, when a Turkey just crossed my path. This Challenge came relatively easy to me, due to the fact that there are Turkeys walking around Somerville that I see every once in a while. He was on the other side of the street, so it was hard to get a picture since he was too far away, but I was surprised at how relaxed he was, just walking down the street doing his thing just like I was. When someone was nearby, he flapped his wings a bit and sped up, but was not that fearful. I assume the local Turkeys are used to seeing people all the time, but I'll always wonder where they came from and why they hang out in Somerville. After doing some research, I came to conclude that the Turkey was a female, because she had grey and brown feathers rather than colorful ones. Overall, my experience with the Turkey was a mildly fascinating one. I have seen them in that area before so I wasn't surprised, but it was funny to see the way she acted near people and how she casually walked around the city like we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment